USA Luge Fantasy Camps
Offered at Lake Placid and Park City, these weekend fantasy camps function as fundraisers for USA Luge. Olympic and World Cup medal winners make up the coaching staff. You will receive instruction in starting, steering, and racing techniques, and will have two days of on-ice training and racing. You must be 18 or over to attend these fantasy camps. Cost: $2,000.
There are four recreational luge clubs in the USA which offer opportunities for the general public to come out and give luge a try. Club experiences are open to adults as well as kids.
Adirondack Luge Club (Lake Placid, New York)
See Adirondack Luge Club for membership applications and details. You must take the following steps to luge at the Adirondack Luge Club:
- Join the USLA. See USA Luge for membership applications and details - $45 (adults); $35 (14 and under)
- Buy a club membership - $40 per person, $100 per family
- The USLA will issue you a sliding permit.
- The Adirondack Club will put you on their “active sliders” list.
- You email the club to sign up for sliding sessions. Pre-registration is required.
- Lake Placid track fees - Day pass $25 (adults); $10 (under 18). Season pass - $125 (adults); $50 (under 18). The USLA provides club members with coaching during sliding sessions.
Total cost for the first day at Adirondack Luge Club is around $110.
Wasatch Luge Club (Park City, Utah)
See Wasatch Luge Club for membership applications and details.
- Annual club membership - $25
- First sliding session (4 runs, free equipment) - $50
- Additional sliding sessions - $10 per run
Total cost for the first day at Wasatch Luge Club is around $75.
Muskegon Luge Club (Muskegon Michigan)
See Muskegon Luge Club to download their waiver form and learn more details. The track at Muskegon is a shortened artificial track made of wood, rather than concrete. It is non-refrigerated, but has banked curves and is used for training and local competitions. It is open to the public, with introductory lessons as well as races, but you must call ahead for reservations and pre-registration.
- Luge group lessons. Group is limited to 25 students. You will receive 15 minutes of instruction followed by over 2 hours of ice time. Clinics are held every winter weekend. Cost: $40 (adults); $35 (kids 8 to 18)
- Open luge time. Instruction is provided and coaches are on site, but there is no limit to group size or length of stay. Cost: $30 (adults); $25 (kids 8 to 18)
- Races open to the public. Races are held every Sunday afternoon and are open to the public. You must have taken a lesson prior to racing.
Total cost for the first day at Muskegon Luge Club is around $40.